Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Another product crib:
Whats with the head rest on the drivers seat?
Have you ever seen anybody driving with his/ her rested on the head rest? The head is always hanging with more than a few inches to spare. And this is not small car or big car specific, everybody is guilty of this.
I am sure if it had been in use, it would be the dhobi's (laundry) most often washed textile, with all the oil that we use. (not me, me ran from oil sometime after I started making money and living on my own, which is by 2050)
I am surprised after millions of cars, the auto manufacturers haven't really made any attempt to either make that little "jutting out thing" useful or take it out completely. I am sure the origin of the head rest is some funky racing car design or a extremely high end bucket seat car, where you actually sink into the bucket and seat almost eats your butt and gets the head rest close enough in the leanable range for your head.

All you automakers, can you please do something about it? Or take the damn thing off?
Actually wanted to take some pics and post em, but the thought of shooting people driving away to spot the gap with the head and rest was a little funny!

10 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like another movie in the making...


I've added your blog to my Incredible India blog roll.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Sudeep Dsouza said...

Never thought of this. A very interesting observation and I hope someone does something about it.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger SocialPariah said...

narly idea, though, right next to the one in which a beggar drives up to you in a nano, you put one where a guy sells his headrest to the beggar in the nano...

 
At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The drivers head rest us used when an impact occurs - the air bag's impact is strong enough to move your head towards the head rest (so as to protect the head).

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger workhard said...

Good observation...

u really should have put up some pics..


Domain registration india

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Web designing institute said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Andaman Holidays said...

Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Andaman Honeymoon Package said...

Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I have bookmarked you and will remain in line with your new posts. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...!

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Andaman tour package said...

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Andaman Travel Packages said...

Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home