Tuesday, February 15, 2005



A recurring fantasy
To just quit everything
To quit everything that I am ever comfortable with
To quit the job, the relationships, the ambitions, the passion for work

Just quit everything.

Make a little hut on top of a snow capped mountains, with higher peaks around it.
Be happy serving hot tea to the trekkers from world over
Live with small little farm behind the house

I say: What else do I need?
She says: Not much I guess.
I say: Then why the hell is it so tough to do?
She says: How many of your fantasies have you ever lived?
I say: hmm... not many... a few mini-fantasies, I guess
She says: There you have the answer.
I say: So, I am condemened to live the life of the "blissfully bored"
She says: You are condemned to live the life that you chose for yourself.

7 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger :..M..: said...

Made me yearn for all that I dream of doing.

The ending jarred me. To think I, too, can stray from what I really want. My personal fantasies.

Though somehow, I don't believe in the chance of realizing fantasies. Hence, I call my dreams. Those can get converted into realities.

(I ramble. Sometimes.)

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger neha vish said...

All that you want to do,
Strangely enough,
can be done without really moving.
In your home, bathroom
or your kitchen.

The clutter is in your mind.
Not around you.
:)

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you TIRED(go figure)?

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger mermaid said...

Can i just say i am asking myself this same question right now! I work to survive; i write to live. There is only one woman i know who follows the voice within at all times. Like the wind, her soul follows her intuition; she never lingers in one place too long. By place i mean situation.

If i chose to, i would love to write and sing all day. I'm lucky that i choose to as hobbies. I would die without words and music as an outlet.

May there's an in between place, where one survive and live and be happy.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger SocialPariah said...

Agree with Neha here... its always abt the mind...

But it's great wot a huge solitary space peopled only by the Ents can do to clear those mental sinuses hmm?

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger SocialPariah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger SocialPariah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home