Thursday, December 16, 2004

Black Yamaha RX 100, 1989 model.
I bought the bike in December of 1994. 10 years till date.
It was my lifeline till 2002.
It still gets my heart racing. I always feel 18 when racing it, I am on it :-).
There is some kind of visceral bond between me and the bike.
It tends to get a smile whenever I get on it and give it a rev and hear that awesome growl.
It kinda understood that I was a pauper as a student, it dint need service for years together.
I loved it but treated it badly. In all these 10 years, it never stopped once.
Dad asked me to sell it to buy a "different" bike. He din't want to face the ire had he said "better".

Today, I drove it after a few months.
It was fun ripping on the roads leaving saftey to the dogs.

I had such awesome memories on it, of all the friends who loved the bike as much as I did.
It is always parked next to my car.
I get into the car and drive away everyday.
But it is the Black, Yamaha RX 100, which is and will always be my first love.

Do you want to ride mah baby?

3 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger ***** said...

If you EVER plan to sell it (and I know this is a slim possibility) you have to let me know first. I still remember the bet I lost on that bike on the max speed the RX 100 was one amazing bike.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger foolmaker said...

rahul, there's no way on earth that balu's selling you that bike.

that bike is all mine baby!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger ***** said...

I'll let go of it for a Monster S2R Dark. What say you? I will even import it from India for you if you buy me the Monster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home