Friday, September 19, 2003

Horror gripped the heart of a World War-I soldier, as he saw his lifelong friend fall in battle. Caught in a trench with continuous gunfire whizzing overhis head, the soldier asked his Lieutenant if he couldgo out into the man's land between the trenches tobring his fallen comrade back. "You can go," said theLieutenant, "but I don't think it will be worth it. Your friend is probably dead and you may throw yourlife away." The Lieutenant's words didn't matter, andthe soldier went anyway. Miraculously, he managed to reach his friend, hoisted him onto his shoulder and broughthim back to their company's trench. As the two of them tumbled in together to the bottom of the trench, the officer checked the wounded soldier, then lookedkindly at his friend. "I told you it wouldn't beworth it," he said. "Your friend is dead and you aremortally wounded." "It was worth it, Sir," said thesoldier. "What do you mean by worth it?" responded theLieutenant. "Your friend is dead." "Yes Sir,” the privateanswered, "but it was worth it because when I gotto him, he was still alive and I had the satisfactionof hearing him say.... "Jim... I knew you'dcome."

Would I die for anybody else? No. Does that make me insensitive? or a Coward? or a tyrant ...
Me thinks doesnt matter. I still wont.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger Sewage Treatment In Noida said...

Netsol Water is a leading effluent treatment plant (ETP) manufacturer in Faridabad, India. They specialize in designing, manufacturing, and installing advanced ETP systems to effectively treat industrial effluents and wastewater. Effluent Treatment Plant Manufacturer in Faridabad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home